Re: I desperately need fresh idea - iptables CentOS

From: Martin Lambev
Subject: Re: I desperately need fresh idea - iptables CentOS
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 16:29:48 +0800

Thanks for the suggestion,

I was thinking how to do it without involving any additional script or program
beside monit.

for whether or not iptables are running I come up with this:

check file iptabels with path /var/lock/subsys/iptables
   group firewall
   start program = "/etc/init.d/iptables start"
   stop  program = "/etc/init.d/iptables stop"
   if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

But for masquerade will have to use "grep" and "iptables -L -n" what you
suggest using cron?

Thank you!