Re: Issue with: monit restart [service-name]

From: Harlan Barnes
Subject: Re: Issue with: monit restart [service-name]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:53:29 -0400

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Christopher Wood
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> check process wowza with pidfile /var/run/WowzaMediaServer.pid
>>     start program = "/etc/init.d/WowzaMediaServer start"
>
> I mostly use "restart" in the "start program", that way the init script has
> better control over things like the pidfile.

I just gave that a go and and I still have the same problem. It seems
like I would have to add logic in the init script to make sure another
copy of the init script itself isn't running at the same time. Yikes.

I even tried adding something like this:

start program = "/bin/sleep 5 && /etc/init.d/WowzaMediaServer start"

But that doesn't work either.