Re: Possible cause of monit "action failed" messages...

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Possible cause of monit "action failed" messages...
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:48:07 +0200

Hello,

please can you provide the monit log and you service configuration from monit configuration file?

Internally there is no race condition between the monit actions and the start/stop/restart/monitor/unmonitor are synchronized to prevent parallel execution of for example stop&start. If the action is requested via the CLI or web interface, it is protected until it completes and monit temporarily refuses to do other actions with that service.