Re: Incorrect memory usage?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Incorrect memory usage?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 08:14:03 +0200

Hi,

the memory report is OK - monit reports the memory usage used by processes and
system without the buffer cache, which provides better picture about the real
memory usage. The buffer cache serves as filesystem cache - it dynamically
shrinks if memory is needed and grows if there is excess of free memory, so the
fast main memory is utilized by the system as much as possible.