Re: Error messages for postfix monitor

From: Noel
Subject: Re: Error messages for postfix monitor
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:38:55 -0500

The most likely explanation is that all the postfix smtpd processes
are busy, in which case the solution is to configure more processes.

Another possibility is that your DNS is occasionally having delays
-- either finding the IP for [localhost] or finding the hostname
that goes with the IP.  The first problem can be easily avoided by
using 127.0.0.1 rather than localhost.

  -- Noel Jones