Re: Is there any way to specify the hostname in the monit config file?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Is there any way to specify the hostname in the monit config file?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 20:04:38 +0200

Hi Tomas,

currently the hostname is based only on the name assigned to the host (should
equal to output of "hostname" utility, expanded to FQDN if found).

We have implemented the support for custom hostname configuration … if the
"check system <name>" is defined in the monit configuration file, then the name
will be used as hostname. If the given Monit is configured with M/Monit, this
hostname will be also used as the initial name of the host entry in M/Monit. If
the "check system <name>" is missing, then the hostname defaults to system
hostname.

You can get the snapshot of the development source code from here (it's
basically 5.4 + the mentioned change):
http://www.mmonit.com/tmp/monit-5.5_20120905.tar.gz