Re: "Execution Failed"

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: "Execution Failed"
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 15:33:29 +0200

Hi,

the execution error flag is set, because monit wasn't able to start the process
… the root cause could be, that either the stat program failed to start it -
for example because of some missing environment variable: monit executes the
programs in the sandbox and purges environment variables, it sets just basic
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin. Another possible reason could be, that the
service start was too slow (based on the output your start timeout 30s, which
is the default).

If somebody starts the service manually (out of monit control), the execution
error flag remains set as a reminder, that monit wasn't able to start it => the
configuration should be fixed.

To clear the flag, just unmonitor and monitor the service:

    monit unmonitor pixelServer
    monit monitor pixelServer