Re: Monit built-in Http log for fail2ban

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit built-in Http log for fail2ban
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:15:20 +0200

Hi,

the monit logfile is configured with "SET LOGFILE <path|SYSLOG>" … in your case the log goes to syslog, which decides to which file to log the message. Monit's internal webserver is proprietary implementation - it's not mongrel. The failed login attempts are logged with following messages:

    Warning: Client 'xyz' supplied unknown user 'cdb' accessing monit httpd
    Warning: Client 'xyz' supplied wrong password for user 'abc' accessing monit httpd