Re: Monit sending out pid changed mails when I have configured it not to

From: lists . nongnu . org
Subject: Re: Monit sending out pid changed mails when I have configured it not to
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:55:08 +0000

Could it be pid and ppid alerts? Quick scan of the man page suggested there are two separate alert types. - Callum

(Hope this reaches the list only once, sent from the wrong address first time.)

Cherian Thomas <cherian.in@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have configured monit not to send pid changed mails as shown below

check process apache
matching "httpd"
alert address@hidden but not on { pid }
group server

but, even then I get a pid changed mail every time apache restarts

PPID changed Service apache