Re: Monit, logrotate, and disabling notifications

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit, logrotate, and disabling notifications
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:18:38 +0100

Hello,

the monit-reload message can be suppresed with alert filter - the alert class
is "instance" (used for monit instance related messages such as monit
start/stop/reload):

--8<--
  set alert address@hidden but not on { instance }
--8<--

Another option could be to set logrotate to truncate the file (logratote's
"copytruncate" option), which then doesn't require the reload of Monit, as the
log file can be kept open.