Monit, logrotate, and disabling notifications

From: Callum Macdonald
Subject: Monit, logrotate, and disabling notifications
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 12:17:49 +0000

Holamigos,

I'm running Monit on a handful of ubuntu hosts. Logrotate automatically
calls `monit reload` after rotating out the logs. This in turn generates
a monit reloaded notification. I'm wondering if it's possible to disable
only that message.

One approach, is it possible to call `monit reload` in such a way that
it will not generate an email? I do want to be notified for other reload
events, just not the one created by logrotate.

Any inspiring suggestions for me? :-)

If all else fails, I could filter the emails automatically, they're at a
predictable time so it should be fairly manageable.

Cheers - Callum.

==
Callum Macdonald

Morocco mobile: +212 652 060 089