Monit Cross Compile - v5.3.2

From: Mike J
Subject: Monit Cross Compile - v5.3.2
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 13:17:32 -0600

I'm trying to get monit cross compiled for a PPC arch.
The configure command I use is:

./configure  --without-ssl --without-pam --prefix=/whatever --host=powerpc-linux --mandir=/whatever/docs

CC is setup in the makefiles that I'm using.

Configure dies with the following message:
-------------------------------------
configure: error: in `/tmp/monit-5.3.2/libmonit':
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
See `config.log' for more details.
configure: error: ./configure failed for libmonit
make: *** [configuration] Error 1
-------------------------------------
config.log doesn't have anything obvious that I can see. The last few lines are:

-------------------------------------
8778 sbindir='${exec_prefix}/sbin'
8779 sharedstatedir='${prefix}/com'
8780 sslincldir=''
8781 ssllibdir=''
8782 subdirs=' libmonit'
8783 sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'
8784 target_alias=''
8785
8786 configure: exit 1

Does anybody have any ideas why config is dying on libmonit?

Thanks.