hostnames

From: Lawrence, Wayne
Subject: hostnames
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 10:10:44 +0000

Hi,

Just a quick question if anyone can answer it. Where does monit get the hostname from?

I have serveral servers which all report their correct hostanme at the cli but when i get emails from monit or view them in m/monit they show as localhost.localdomain. One reports everything coreclty the other 2 are giving the localhost/localdomain problem.

I know the server names are correct as they all resolve correctly but I want consistency across my servers.

Rergards

Wayne