m/monit not adding new nodes

From: David Montgomery
Subject: m/monit not adding new nodes
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 23:50:56 +0800

Hi,

Below is what I have on top of every node in my ec2 cluster.

xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is hte ip address of my dedicated server.

set eventqueue basedir /var/monit/ slots 1000
set mmonit http://admin:address@hidden:8080/collector
set httpd port 2812 and use address DNSREPLACE
    allow localhost
    allow xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    allow admin:password

When I boot up and ec2 instance I have a script that replaces
DNSREPLACE with the intances ip or dns.  I tried both dns and ip.

Problem is that the dashboard in m/monit does not update.  At most it
will have one instance.  The first time I installed
monit...registration was within a few seconds.  I have even trying
restarting mmonit.

I installed monit from ubuntu and running dpkg -s monit shows Version:
1:5.2.1-1  I am using mmonit-2.4

In the mmonit error log file there are a lot of these errors but I
don't know if is related:

2012-02-05 07:20:04 AssertException: The id attribute is missing in
monit element -- M/Monit 2.4 requires Monit 5.2 or later, please
upgrade Monit (src/servlets/collector/collector_servlet.c
saxStartElement 429) when processing message posted from Monit at host
'173.236.234.149' (monitid=?)

Ay clues on how to solve the issue and to get mmonit to work with
monit?  I am getting alerts form each machine.

Thanks