Re: JSON support for monit's http interface

From: Callum Macdonald
Subject: Re: JSON support for monit's http interface
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:03:52 +0100

Somebody else might know better, I've never looked at the monit source,
but I found the XML interface and it's format from looking at a couple
of open source monit aggregator / graphing tools, there's a few around:
https://code.google.com/p/monit-graph/
https://github.com/mattfawcett/monit-aggregator
https://github.com/karmi/monittr

As far as I can tell, the big advantage of M/Monit is that the
individual monit instances *push* updates to the M/Monit server. While
using the XML file it's necessary to poll.

I dare say the monit -> M/Monit format is probably some kind of XML and
could probably be unpacked, but that's not what you're trying to do. :-)

Cheers - Callum.