Re: monit is filling syslog

From: Sergey B Kirpichev
Subject: Re: monit is filling syslog
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:40:25 +0400

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 03:32:30PM +0100, polloxx wrote:
> I'm running monit 5.1.1 shipped with Debian Squeeze.
> Messages like "monit: Control file syntax OK" are filling my syslog.
> The init.d script is the original.

In this version of the package (and before) - monit checks
syntax of the config file on every startup/restart.

You won't do restart wery often.  Use "monit reload" if
you wish to apply config file changes.

> Any idea what's wrong here?

If you feel it's wrong - just take init script from the sid's
version.  It will work with minor changes (e.g., monit binary paths).