CPU usage in Monit

From: Lawrence, Wayne
Subject: CPU usage in Monit
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 11:35:09 +0000

Hi,

I have a few CPU usage checks in my monitrc but it seems monit is misreporting the usage.

I have run several tests and it seems that monit is multiplying the actual usage by 10.

I ran a process with top running in another shell and CPU usage for the user was never above 10% yet monit informed me that there was 100% cpu usage.

I have tried various configurations including the one that came with the default config for system cpu monitoring and all seem to demonstrate the same issue.

Any advice welcomed on this

Regards

Wayne Lawrence