Re: What is causing resource limit to be exceeded?

From: Eric Pailleau
Subject: Re: What is causing resource limit to be exceeded?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:43:24 +0100

Le 27/11/2011 20:48, Andre Flitsch a écrit :
Hi

I am new to monit, and i have it up and running on the server i want to
monitor. I have looked about a bit in the archives, and the docs, but i cannot
find the answer to my question.

I am getting a lot of mails informing me of CPU usage exceeding the limit that i
set. I was hoping that someone could tell me how i can find out what is causing the
limit to be exceeded? Is there some config i can make to tell me which processes
are running&  consuming the resources?

... then exec "/usr/bin/top -b | head -30 >> /tmp/cpu_overload.txt "