Re: Does restart of service from outside trigger restart events?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Does restart of service from outside trigger restart events?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:48:11 +0100

Hello,

the clean way is to restart the process via monit:

    /usr/bin/monit restart myprocess

or at least unmonitor the service before the restart and enable monitoring
again when the start finished:

    /usr/bin/monit unmonitor myprocess
   <restart the process
    /usr/bin/monit monitor myprocess

If the process is restarted externally, monit is not notified that the restart
- if monit will detect that the process is not running in such situation, it
will try to restart the process as if it failed. The restart counter is
internal to monit restart action.