Re: Monit is not able to check the status of Pyhton script

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit is not able to check the status of Pyhton script
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 14:27:26 +0100

The exec action is executed always when the condition matches. You can modify the script which is executed to prevent repated execution when the state remains the same.

Your exec script was named "/pratap/script-monit" with "stop" or "start" arguments => when the argument is "stop", then check for the existence of some flag file - for example "/tmp/script-monit.stop_executed". If this file exists, the script can return immediately, otherwise it can do "touch /tmp/script-monit.stop_executed" (to set the flag) and perform the stop. The "start" argument action can do the similar state handling and remove the "/tmp/script-monit.stop_executed" file, so next time the state changes and stop will be called, it will be performed.

We will most probably change the behavior in the future to behave similarly to the "alert" action implementation which triggers by default only on state changes with optional "reminder" for repeated execution if state persists.