Re: Getting monit to email me (outbound only exim)

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Getting monit to email me (outbound only exim)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 23:09:04 +0200

Hello,

if you want monit to be able to send email alerts directly, you need to configure monit to use some mailserver as transport agent (basically something like "post office" where monit should drop the email for delivery).

You can set it with the "set mail server" statement - for example if your exam is running locally and listens on port 127.0.0.1:25, the configuration will be:

set mailserver 127.0.0.1