Re: How to monit ports

From: Pratap Kumar
Subject: Re: How to monit ports
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:48:27 +0530

Hi,

I am using Monit tool for  my services.Though the service comes up,the port always down.One of my service configured as below to monitor the ports.

check process xyz.Service  with pidfile /var/run/service.pid
    start program = "/opt/xyz/bin/service start "
    stop program  = "/opt/xyz/bin/service stop "
         if failed port 445 for 1 cycles
           then restart

But it Always checks the PID file and throws one info message (PID file not changed from last cycles) instead of checking the port connection and restaring the service.

Could you please help me out ,how to configure and  monitor the ports.

Thanks in advance for your precious support.

Thanks
Pratap