retries not working?

From: Nestor Urquiza
Subject: retries not working?
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 00:28:27 +0000

Hi,

In the rule below:

if (failed url https://sample.com and content == 'login') retry 3 then alert

The retry part seems not working. I am trying to go around a random issue where I am notified the website is not accessible but a minute later I get it is back. In reality the site is never unaccessible.

I have tested this with google, yahoo, cnn and other well known sites. I know for sure there is a problem in our network, perhaps related to a firewall or proxy but I am trying to let us say check the url, wait 2 seconds and retry again before sending the alert. Is that possible?

Thanks!

-Nestor