Re: [Announce] Monit 5.3

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [Announce] Monit 5.3
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:03:42 +0200

Hello Sergey,

the configure script failed, because it didn't found the SSL library. I see
from the build log, that the libssl-dev was installed correctly - the shared
libraries are however installed in the locations which is not part of the
configure script ssl lookup.

Excerpt from the libssl-dev content:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.a
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.a
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so

ditto for libssl1.0.0:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0

We'll fix the configure.ac to check the ${build} directories as well (debian
sets it to the x86_64-linux-gnu architecture, so it will allow to find the
libraries).

Btw. it seems that this library layout is new in Debian Sid? The Debian Wheezy
has the libraries in usual path:

/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0

This library placement change will almost certainly affect the previous Monit
releases as well (they lookup the SSL library the same way) => i think this
problem most probably isn't limited to Monit 5.3.

Best regards,
Martin