Re: can't install monit

From: David Breakey
Subject: Re: can't install monit
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 12:11:52 -0600

One possible cause is your package information cache is out of date; try sudo apt-get update to refresh the cache first.

Another possibility is that the package is being updated in the repositories, but that's highly unlikely (Jaunty is an old release; no longer supported).

A third, and very likely possibility is that the mirror you're using no longer hosts the Jaunty archives. Consider upgrading, perhaps to Lucid at least (Lucid is the current LTS edition).

If you really need packages for Jaunty, look at http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/ You'll probably have to install by hand from these, though; I don't know if they're accessible through apt.