Re: monit logfile and logrotate

From: Eric Pailleau
Subject: Re: monit logfile and logrotate
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:39:39 +0200

Le 20/07/2011 14:41, Martin Pala a écrit :
Hi,

you need to do "monit reload" in the logrotate's postrotate section to open the
new logfile, otherwise it continues to write to the same file.

That is right.
Logging uses inodes, not filenames. So creating a new file with old name
creates a new inode, but
logging still go to same inode : the old file with a new name ...