Re: Shell script output in monit alert

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Shell script output in monit alert
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 13:46:21 +0200

You can implement the same functionality in the script ... when the script is
executed, create some statefile at the end of the script (e.g. using
"/usr/bin/touch /tmp/notification_sent") and make the script skip the
notification if that statefile exists (next time it is executed). You can embed
removal of the statefile on recovery event so the next time the service
recovered and fails again, you'll be notified again.

Something like this:

  if failed ... then exec "/usr/local/bin/myscript" else if succeeded then exec
"/bin/rm -f /tmp/notification_sent"