Monitoring the "rest" of the CPU usage

From: Stephen Paul Weber
Subject: Monitoring the "rest" of the CPU usage
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 17:00:07 +0000

I have alerts set up right now on total box CPU usage. But, honestly, what I really care about is if there is a rogue process that is not one I monitor that's sucking RAM or CPU. If SKS is doing it for a bit I don't care, and I have a seperate monitor on SKS CPU usage anyway. Is there any good way to monitor basically box CPU usage - CPU usage I monitor seperately so that I only get the alerts if some *other* process starts acting crazy?

Thanks,

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted