Urgent Feature Request: Can we have a monit client for coffee machines,

From: Marcus Mülbüsch
Subject: Urgent Feature Request: Can we have a monit client for coffee machines, please?
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 12:38:51 +0200

Hello all,

our coffee machine just went into maintenance mode. Unfortunately I didn't notice it until I had a look at the display.

This breakdown of coffee supply suddenly decreased the effectiveness of the whole IT-department - and isn't monit supposed to monitor IT critical infrastructure?

   We urgently need a monit client for coffee machines!

Okay, this is a joke, but newer coffee machines really have modules for remote access, for example see here: http://www.juraworldgastro.de/produkte_zubehoer.php?zubehoer=22 (page is in German).

Does anybody have any info on how it could be possible to connect such a machine to monit?

Marcus