Re: Monit from crontab?

From: Aubrey Jaffer
Subject: Re: Monit from crontab?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:56:38 -0400 (EDT)

 | Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 19:50:33 +0000
 | From: Kevin Chadwick <address@hidden>
 |
 | On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:08:47 -0400 (EDT)
 | Aubrey Jaffer wrote:
 |
 | > I want to set up a monitor which sends an email if a website goes
 | > down.  I don't have root access on the machine I will run Monit
 | > on.  The Monit documentation describes how to modify /etc/inittab
 | > to run Monit, but is silent as to how to run Monit from the
 | > crontab program.
 |
 | It's best to do this from another system or both. Of course you can
 | do it locally but isn't a complete test.

Yes, I am running monit on a separate system.  Appended is my .monitrc
file.  When I run monit, it complains that voluntocracy.gro isn't
found, but it doesn't send any email.  What am I doing wrong?

                              -=-=-=-=-

set daemon 60

set logfile /home/jaffer/monit.log

set mailserver localhost

set mail-format { from: address@hidden }

set alert address@hidden

check host voluntocracy.gro with address voluntocracy.gro
   if failed url http://voluntocracy.gro
      then alert