monit reload

From: Ben Bimber
Subject: monit reload
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:28:35 -0500

hello,

i recently installed monit on SUSE11.  monit is running using the
included init.d script, the webserver is running and monit is
correctly sending alert emails.

however, when i try to run the command 'monit reload' from the
console, I get an error saying 'daemon not found'.  The config it also
not reloaded.  If I restart the monit process, my new config is
recognized.  Does anything have suggestions on troubleshooting this?
I'm assuming whatever 'monit reload' uses to identify the running
process isnt working properly; however, i'm not sure how to track that
down.

thanks in advance for any help.

-ben