not able to access httpd on port 2812

From: Rogelio
Subject: not able to access httpd on port 2812
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 20:23:32 -0300

Any suggestions on how I might fix this port issue on Monit?

I am trying to get my CentOS box to run monit, and using only a very basic
/etc/monit.conf config, I cannot get it serve the web page on my box

e.g. from browser, I can't hit

http://box-running-monit.com:2812

The service start and stops fine (e.g. "/etc/init.d/monit start"), and I have
it set to listen to port 2812 in the "/etc/monit.conf file" (so far, kept the
default)

e.g. in "/etc/monit.d/monitrc" file

set daemon  60
set logfile syslog facility log_daemon
set mailserver localhost
set mail-format { from: address@hidden }
set alert address@hidden
set httpd port 2812

check process sshd with pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid
   start program  "/etc/init.d/sshd start"
   stop program  "/etc/init.d/sshd stop"
   if failed port 22 protocol ssh then restart
   if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

(I enabled the 2812 port using CentOS's "system-config-securitylevel" command,
which added the right IPtables entries)