Re: Checking SMART hard drives with smartctl or smartd

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Checking SMART hard drives with smartctl or smartd
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:44:47 +0100

Hello,

you can run the script which will check the SMART status from cron for example
every minute and if everything is OK, then touch state file (for example
/var/run/sda_ok) which is checked by monit like this:

check file sda_smart with path /var/run/sda_ok
  if timestamp > 5 minutes then ...

We plan to add native support for check scripts integration in the future.