monit has trouble reading pem files

From: Mike Schmidt
Subject: monit has trouble reading pem files
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 23:51:48 -0400

When I try to set up monit for ssl, it doesn't like the pem file I generated:

Starting monit: /etc/monit.d/monit.pem:55: Error: exceeded maximum number of program arguments 'RSA'

and when I took out the RSA, I got:

Starting monit: /etc/monit.d/monit.pem:55: Error: exceeded maximum number of program arguments 'KEY-----'

The line 55 is the trailer of the key: it says "------END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----"

There shoudl be no such error, as 1) it's the end of the key, and 2) this is a perfectly standard pem file happily accepted by everything I know (apache. openvpn, firefox, etc)

There is no hint on the monit site that the pem file has to be specially formatted.
--
Mike SCHMIDT
CTO