differences between two mmonit instances talking to the same db

From: Mike Schmidt
Subject: differences between two mmonit instances talking to the same db
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 16:52:48 -0500

This is m/monit 2.2.3, latest version.

I have two m/monit instances on two different machines talking to the same database.

Instance1: installed and started feb 22, (has collector) two devices being monitored, dev1 and dev2 (both have unmonitored services) (basically identical devices)
Instance2: installed and started feb 25, (no collector)

dev1 and dev2 rebooted 03h00 feb 25, changed ip address, no longer accessible. No more reports from them (I haven't checked why, not important)

Today (feb 25, 14:00):
When I look at instance1, the dashboard is all yellow, status says "10 of 12 services are available, 2 not monitored"
When I look at instance2, the dashboard is all red, status says "No report from monit, last report was Fri, 25 Feb 2011 03:05:36"

When I check the events, both have identical events. (top of event list is "No report from monit, last report was Fri, 25 Feb 2011 03:05:36"

So why is instance1 not showing the devices dead, while instance 2 is? Both are using the same database, they should be showing identical results. And instance1 is wrong.
--
Mike SCHMIDT
CTO