Monit uses 54%+ CPU

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Monit uses 54%+ CPU
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:54:05 -0600

Hi list,

I've setup monit with to montir 3 processes and restart them if not
present. All these are ruby daemons. I've set the interval to 1 second
because our system can't afford to be running without these daemons,
so the faster they are spawned the better.

However, yesterday I've noted that the monit process was taking up 54%
of the CPU.

Any ideas on why it would get to that high CPU usage over time?

Regards,

Marcelo.