Re: Alerr for non-existing directory not working

From: Thorsten Kampe
Subject: Re: Alerr for non-existing directory not working
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 13:26:55 +0100

* Thorsten Kampe (Wed, 19 Jan 2011 13:02:38 +0100)
> I want to be alerted when a directory (which is mounted via autofs and
> smb/mount.cifs) does not exist anymore (meaning the smb mount is not
> accessible for whatever reason).
> [...]
> I stopped the server service on the remote host (stopping autofs
> daemon  would be the same) and get...
>
> # file /mnt/smb/tkampe/data
> /mnt/smb/tkampe/data: ERROR: cannot open `/mnt/smb/tkampe/data' (No such
> file or directory)
>
> ...but no email is sent...!

I changed the check line now to

check directory remote-tkampe
      path /mnt/smb/tkampe/data

    if not exist
        then alert

..., restarted monit, but still no alert sent... :-(

I verified that sending alerts in general works by stopping sshd and I
was directly alerted.

Thorsten