Re: check process matching problem

From: Alexander Yohananov
Subject: Re: check process matching problem
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:46:46 +0200

Hi,
although my system is quite uncommon for monit users (ARM, embedded Linux built using buildroot), I tried to reproduce the error you wrote about. After some attempts I got the following result with 3 slightly different reg expressions:

check process matching "my_process"
check process matching "/usr/bin/my_process full_command_line"
check process matching "^.*my_process.*$"

For all of them syntax was OK, the process was started/stopped as expected, ps showed it running, monit status was: execution failed.

I'm running the latest monit 5.2.3

Certainly it won't help you, but may bring some more info about the issue.

Regards, Alexander.