Do I lose a lot of features if I only allow Monit to connect to Mmonit r

From: Bruce B
Subject: Do I lose a lot of features if I only allow Monit to connect to Mmonit rather than opening Monit host ports?
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 17:28:34 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I am experimenting with Mmonit now. So far I understand that Monit sends it's reports to Mmonit. That's all good, but I am not finding all the information that I see on Monit agent on the Mmonit server. In fact, the link to the Monit agent of course wants me to open port 2812 on the agent server which I really not like to do because of security policies.

So, I am wondering if all I can see on the Mmonit is simply the Green UP word for my agent monit server or am I missing something?

I like the fact that the monit cliet sent it's local domain name, username, password and all to the Mmonit server. Although, I guess I should already work on SSL connection since this is not too safe.

Some guidance is much appreciated.

-Bruce