Re: Send SMS and unmonitor

From: Alexander Yohananov
Subject: Re: Send SMS and unmonitor
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 13:06:27 +0200

What about of putting 'monit unmonitor my_service'  somewhere at the end of your send_sms script?

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Maurizio Firmani <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,
I'm just started to use monit (in daemon mode).
I would like to setup monit to send an sms alert instead of an email. I read that I can do this using the EXEC action to execute a script which will send the sms. So far so good. The problem is that I need to unmonitor the service otherwise monit will execute such an action at every checking cycle (and I will run out of all available sms in a few minutes!). I would like to do something like:
if error the exec "send_sms" and unmonitor
but it seems it is not possible to execute 2 action on the same condition.
Any advice?

TIA

Maurizio