Re: Run something once

From: EzCom Keith
Subject: Re: Run something once
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 07:52:08 -0800

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Andrew Holt <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I though about it a bit more, and I can do it quite simply in other ways

What I was trying to do was to run a script when another service has started.  This script then exits.

It's simple enough to run that script from the service start.

Heh hoh :)

Andrew

On 17 Dec 2010, at 14:16, Daniel Maher wrote:

> On 12/17/2010 01:24 PM, Andrew Holt wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a script that I want to run once, but only if a service it depends upon is running
>>
>> So if service scd is running then execute a script (e.g. /usr/local/bin/tst.sh ) once only, not every 'scan' time.
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>
> I'm not sure what this has to do with Monit - would this not be better served by a cron job (or, if you _really_ mean "once", an at job) with a simple pidof verification or something ?
>

> --
> Daniel Maher <dma PLUS monit AT witbe DOT net>
> "The Internet is completely over." -- Prince

Andrew Holt

Email: address@hidden

De Omnibus Dubitandum

--

hehe yeah, from your question, it did seem like you were trying to use a sawzall to remove a nail ; D

I'm sure you'll find a more elegant and simplified approach to the problem.

Cheers!

- Keith