Re: Monit 5.2.n with mysql 5.5.7

From: Jeremy Clarke
Subject: Re: Monit 5.2.n with mysql 5.5.7
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:18:24 -0500

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Karl-Heinz Wild <address@hidden> wrote:

Is there a fix for this problem?

I had a lot of issues getting my MySQL 5.0 installation to work the way I'd expect and ended up having it use the http protocol to check a super-basic PHP page that just tries to connect to a DB and returns a 500 Error if it can't (I set up a subdomain of my site for the script to live on, and am finding it's also a good way to test the Apache instance).

So far it's working and it gives Monit a very realistic sense of whether MySQL is able to respond to queries or not.

That said if MySQL 5.5.7 isn't working at all then I hope the developers can find time to fix it. I'll get there one day!

--
Jeremy Clarke | http://jeremyclarke.org
Code and Design | http://globalvoicesonline.org