Re: monit didn't start services at boot

From: Þórhallur Hálfdánarson
Subject: Re: monit didn't start services at boot
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:14:01 +0000

Hi,

I belive this is a very valid point.

The syntax for "check process" is "CHECK PROCESS <unique name> <PIDFILE <path> | MATCHING <regex>>"
As the ckeck offers a way to monitor based on process name as an alternative to pidfile, wouldn't it be quite easy to extend it so it could match both? As such:
check process foo_instance_a pidfile /var/run/foo_a.pid matching /bin/foo
check process foo_instance_b pidfile /var/run/foo_b.pid matching /bin/foo

Best regards,
Tolli