Monitor multiple instances of a process

From: ChetanK
Subject: Monitor multiple instances of a process
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 23:27:41 -0800 (PST)

I have 4 instances of a process say "foo" each of which has created a pid
file "/var/run/foo1.pid, /var/run/foo2.pid...."

I configured monit as follows:

check process foo with pidfile /var/run/foo0.pid
   stop program = "/home/dpadmin/cccstop.sh"
   start program = "/home/dpadmin/cccstate.sh"
   if 1 restarts within 1 cycles then timeout

check process foo with pidfile /var/run/foo1.pid
   stop program = "/home/dpadmin/cccstop.sh"
   start program = "/home/dpadmin/cccstate.sh"
   if 1 restarts within 1 cycles then timeout

Now when I check whether the file is valid (sudo monit -t), I get the
following error:
/etc/monit/monitrc:191: Error: service name conflict, foo already defined
'/var/run/foo1.pid'

How can I configure monit to monitor multiple instances of the process
"foo"?

thanks,
chetan