connection monitoring

From: Patrick Paul-Hus
Subject: connection monitoring
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:19:05 -0400

Hi,

I just setup monit to monitor connection to a website over http by requesting a specific file and checking the content. It seems to work, when I delete the file I receive a notice that the server is down.... but if I put the file back I never receive a message saying that the server is backup... and then if I remove the file again I never receive a message saying that the server is down again unless I restart monit.

Any ideas what that would be? Here's what my configuration looks like:

set daemon 120
set logfile syslog facility log_daemon
set mailserver localhost
set mail-format { from: address@hidden }

# set eventqueue
#     basedir /var/monit  # set the base directory where events will be stored
#     slots 100           # optionaly limit the queue size

set alert address@hidden
#set httpd port 2812 and allow 0.0.0.0/0
#  allow admin:monit

check system localhost
  if loadavg (1min) > 4 then alert
  if loadavg (5min) > 2 then alert
  if memory usage > 75% then alert
  if cpu usage (user) > 70% then alert
  if cpu usage (system) > 30% then alert
  if cpu usage (wait) > 20% then alert

check process nginx with pidfile /opt/nginx/logs/nginx.pid
  if failed url
    http://perspectivesdevie.org/monit/token
    and content != "" for 2 cycles
  then alert
check process mysql with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
check process postgresql with pidfile /var/run/postgresql/8.4-main.pid

A: http://five.sentenc.es