restart process only if it isn't running 2 cycles in a row?

From: bulbous
Subject: restart process only if it isn't running 2 cycles in a row?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:29:19 -0700 (PDT)

I'm wondering if there is any way to easily tell monit to restart a process
only if it hasn't been running for 2 cycles in a row.

The scenario I'm thinking of is when we are deploying a new version of our
application.  We shut it down briefly, and then bring up the new one.  It
may take 20 seconds or so to bring up the new one, and I'd like to keep
monit from attempting to restart it during that time.  (I have thought of
some hack ways to do this, but it seems likely that monit has some way to
specify this in the config -- am I right?)