alert when a line is not found in a file?

From: Noah Mercer
Subject: alert when a line is not found in a file?
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:13:56 -0700 (PDT)

I've been doing some digging both in Google and the mailing list archives but I can't seem to find a way to get monit to alert when a line matching a certain regex is not found in a file. I have a service that should append a line (which matches a known regex) to the file once a minute. If monit doesn't see a line that matches I'd like it to alert me. Is that possible? If so, what is the syntax? The "if match" syntax will tell me if the line *is* there, and the "if not match" syntax will tell me if a line that doesn't match the regex is there, but what do I do to get it to tell me if a line is not there?

Many thanks,

Noah