Re: Unable to monitor sites behind http-basic-auth with monit

From: M M
Subject: Re: Unable to monitor sites behind http-basic-auth with monit
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 08:35:11 +1300

Hi,

I have upgraded Monit from 4.8.1 to 5.0.3 and it fixed our issues.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Max

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Martin Pala <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

The "connection failed" showed for "aHost" can be error in old monit version 4.8.1 which it seems you use. I think there was some problem where the error flag was not reset so it showed false error => monit upgrade will fix that problem.

Regarding "dHost" - it seems that the log entry from http server log is for some different request, as it shows 401(unauthorized), where monit log says 404 (not found). As mentioned in one of previous emails, try to get network trace of the communication between monit and the web server so you can check full http request from monit (Authorization header, Host header, etc.) and if check the URL encoding.

If you have two hosts which authenticate OK and one which refuses, you should focus on differences, such as whether the host which returns 401 use the same username and password as the two hosts which return 200?