Check that text does not exist on a page on a name-based virtual host

From: Mark Feeney
Subject: Check that text does not exist on a page on a name-based virtual host
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 16:28:13 -0400

Greetings.

First: I love monit.  Excellent tool.  Very simple and effective.
Thanks to all involved.

I have come up with something I can't figure out how to monitor,
though:  I want to check that a web page does not contain certain text
and the page is on a name-based virtual host.

This almost works for me:

check host production with address 127.0.0.1
    if failed url
        http://foo.com/some_page
        and content != 'BAD'
        then restart

However, it's incorrect for me to use "http://foo.com"; since it's a
cluster, so restarting the current server isn't necessarily going to
help.

What I want is something like:

check host production with address 127.0.0.1
    if failed url
        http://127.0.0.1:9999/some_page
        use host header "foo.com" # not real syntax
        and content != 'BAD'
        then restart

Is there a way to achieve this?  proto http and SEND/EXPECT seemed a
possibility, but I'm not sure how to write the EXPECT part.

I'm using monit 4.10.1.

Thanks,

Mark.