Re: Can't start service and log doesn't help

From: Rubén Dávila
Subject: Re: Can't start service and log doesn't help
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:40:45 -0500

2010/9/23 Eric Pailleau <address@hidden>
Hum, I'm a bit stuck in the mud on this case...

When launching manually, do you use a 'simple' user or root ?

Is the program unicorn detaching from its start script by a fork ?

Is monit running as root or not ?

All the work is done under the root user and monit is running under the root user too, the command "/etc/init.d/unicorn start /etc/unicorn/app.com.conf" starts the service normally and returns me to the shell.

Regards.